Subject: RE: Re: DEC's Alpha
From: David Gilinsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 11:15:59 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 5 Aug 1994, Martin Fanning wrote:

> Shaun mentioned that DEC's 2000 model 300 machine was very fast.  Does
> that model run NT?  By the way, I know that the machine you mentioned runs
> UNIX and not  NT and therefore will not run LightWave 4.0.  Crays are
           ^^^^^^^
> fast too but don't run LightWave either.
> 

In regards to running NT, the following information comes directly from DECs 
publically available specification document concerning the 2000 - 300.  
This document is availabe from WWW.DEC.COM.

****** Begin Included Message ****
The Model 300 AXP supports OpenVMS AXP, DEC OSF/1 AXP, and Windows NT. The
OpenVMS AXP operating system is designed specifically to protect software and
training investment, while the DEC OSF/1 AXP operating system makes an ideal
entry-level server for the UNIX market. OpenVMS AXP, DEC OSF/1 AXP, and Windows
NT licenses and operating systems can be added to create a universal platform
server.
**** End Included Message **** 
 
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of irresponsible 
posts listing eroneous specifications of other companies products.

						Dave
						Pixel Dust, Inc.
						[email-masked]
_______________________________________________________________________________